Catastrophe Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ramser

ramser

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS Empty
PostSubject: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS   HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:00 pm

well it's not a game but this is what games are going to be like!

Back to top Go down
Kontra
Admin
Kontra

PostSubject: Re: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS   HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:58 pm

It kinda looks ugly afro
Back to top Go down
https://catastropheroleplay.forumotion.com
AtomicTACO

PostSubject: Re: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS   HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Kontra wrote:
It kinda looks ugly afro

Of coarse it does. Currently there are no shaders, as I am seeing. Also as they said it's their art and they don't have the time to make professional models. This is really interesting, but will probably not even be considered. All modeling software uses polygons right now and I am sure they wouldn't want to convert so soon. Like all software, all people have been trained to use polygons. They would have to change so much stuff in order for this to work.

Unlimited Detail's website is extremely plain and boring. As for their idea; I had it in the past.
Back to top Go down
ramser

ramser

PostSubject: Re: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS   HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:06 pm

right now NVIDIA and ATI are both trying to make graphics cards that will run billions of point cloud data colors and make games better but these graphics are in super computers so you wont see those any time soon but people want to switch and not used polys because they are a pain.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTACO

PostSubject: Re: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS   HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 pm

ramser wrote:
right now NVIDIA and ATI are both trying to make graphics cards that will run billions of point cloud data colors and make games better but these graphics are in super computers so you wont see those any time soon but people want to switch and not used polys because they are a pain.

Ramser did you even watch the video? They use an algorithm to calculate which points to show.

If you mean the standard voxel method then yes.
Back to top Go down
ElJameo

ElJameo

PostSubject: Re: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS   HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 am

I don't quite understand what many people are saying, but I reckon polygons are still going to be around for a while yet. BSP format is the highest quality map format (that I know of), andI'd reckon this because MW2 uses the BSP format (according to Wikipedia).
Here though, I think we can all agree that Valve can do this:
Back to top Go down
ramser

ramser

PostSubject: Re: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS   HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:29 pm

DMM is the next step in the graphics age but point cloud data is the highest quality and will end this age. THE next age will we realism!
Back to top Go down
ElJameo

ElJameo

PostSubject: Re: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS   HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 am

ramser wrote:
THE next age will we realism!

It better be!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS   HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS Empty

Back to top Go down

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Catastrophe Roleplay :: Other Games-